New Season of TV

Fri Sep 18, 2009 at 02:03:44 AM EST

After seeing the second trailer for HBO's The Pacific, I started re-watching Band of Brothers.  I think this is my third (4th?) time through it.  Love it.  So much to appreciate in that drama.

Anyway, I just realized that new episodes for The Office and a ton of other shows have started their broadcast run.

What are y'all gonna be watching this fall?

Tags: TV, couch potato, salty snacks, boob tube, suckling, The Office So Good (all tags)

Comments Disabled | 13 comments

•  The Office, South Park (none / 0)

Fantasy Factory, Nitro Circus, Pretty much any of the animated Fox shows, and college/pro football

•  Fall is all about Football, baby!! (none / 0)

It's so good to have football back!

R.I.P Polandstyle :: 9/8/68 - 3/16/09 ::

by RoBBins0096 on Fri Sep 18, 2009 at 02:43:30 AM EST

•  It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia! (none / 0)

Oh yeahhhhhh!

"Y'all can just kiss da baby."

by ajABE on Fri Sep 18, 2009 at 06:37:33 AM EST

•  I can wait to watch it my self (none / 0)

But, I missed the last 2 episodes, they show it at spike network and save them on my DVR, somehow damn thing did not save the last two chapters. (I checked the chapter names on line)

Always heard good things about it but never got around to buy it or rent it.

So hopefully at the end of this month will get to watch it marathon style, non stop sine i will be having a long 4 weekend.

Sorry, blankman I only have a digital watch!!!!!

by ObiJuan on Fri Sep 18, 2009 at 09:34:02 AM EST

•  No TV (none / 0)

I'd rather watch a good movie or game.

Band of Brothers.   Never gets old.

Can't wait for the Pacific.   We'll have to do some reading up on the character's real story before we watch the show...  Or should I just trust the story being told in the movie and be surprised.

"I do not tell lies, but I am a savage" ~ William Wallace

by Kenai 91 on Fri Sep 18, 2009 at 02:27:24 PM EST

•  Kenai, I already did a little research (none / 0)

about six months ago.  One of the three fellows around which the story is centered, John Basilone (link intentionally not included), will make Winters and Spears look like boy scouts on their first camp out.  As there will be absolutely no need to trump up his exploits, I am hoping their won't be any major changes.  Since you have waited this long, you may as well wait now until you get to see it first.  I have been actively trying to forget what I read so that I will be able to enjoy the series even more.

It will be much darker.

As for regular TV, I am with you all the way.  The Office and Bones (a guilty, campy, pleasure) are about the only things I will be watching, though I will be keeping my eyes open for the new stuff coming out from HBO et al.  Also, I may have to check out some of the stuff mentioned in this diary above and below (to hear of fun TV that I didn't know of, was a big part of the purpose of writing this up).

And yes, FOOTBALL!  The throw, the catch, the hit, the run!  What is not to love?  The only sport in which "enhancing" is not only approved, but encouraged!

•  Katie and I are catching up on TV this weekend... (none / 0)

Starting with...

The Office
    Survivor
    Shark Tank

And we're looking forward to checking out Flash Forward! It looks good!

....not to mention the glorious return of football!!!

"As for FFF we'll see how my social life unfolds that night. Which basically means i'll be gaming lol" -Boxin

by SweetTea023 on Fri Sep 18, 2009 at 03:52:15 PM EST

•  How I Met Your Mother (none / 0)

hopefully i don't get too burned out on it.

Beyond that Mythbusters, Dirty Jobs.

Not all who wander are lost

by Zoso Fan on Fri Sep 18, 2009 at 06:58:31 PM EST

•  Just wrapped up (none / 0)

Entourage and True Blood.  Now starting on new seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm, Sons of Anarchy, and Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

I'm also addicted to The Travel Channel, mainly No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain and Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimern.

•  I am looking forward (none / 0)

to fringe and new season of Nip/Tuck

Give me a minute and I'll change your mind, Give me a bullet and I'll change your life! - Slipknot

by MDK2002 on Fri Sep 18, 2009 at 09:38:17 PM EST