Quick Heads Up
Mon Sep 28, 2009 at 01:10:01 PM EST
Hey everyone, just wanted to let you guys know that I gave my Xbox and remaining months of my Xbox Live account to a good buddy of mine since I haven't been using it during school. I'm going to clear out my friend's list for him, so just wanted to let you all know ahead of time why I won't be showing up on your friend's list. I'm still going to frequent this site, and maybe in a year or so once I'm living off campus, I might get back my Xbox and Live account. Hope you guys are all having a great fall season!
Quick Status Update
Sat May 23, 2009 at 03:34:30 AM EST
Hey all, just wanted to say a quick hello and let everyone know what's up with this guy.
First off, sorry to all of you who have sent invites of any sort to my account. Most of the time, my roommates or friends are playing on my account, so they don't respond to them. It's been hectic with finals, but now I'm back home for the summer, so now it should mostly be me on my account. Most of the time that I'll be online, though, I'll probably be with friends, so I'm sorry if I don't get into many games. I can hopefully catch a few games with you guys in Gears 1, 2, or TF2, if you guys don't mind.
Hope all is well with each and every Gearhead, and I hope students/teachers can have a relaxing, much needed summer break. To the working folk and those still in school, hope you have a nice three day weekend.
Rock Band 2 Impressions
Tue Jan 06, 2009 at 04:48:53 AM EST
So I still can't fall asleep, and I feel like I should write up some more impressions seeing as I just didn't write enough in my previous diary! Just to quickly preface this diary, I don't own Rock Band 2, but my brother brought it home from Villanova which starts up next week I think, so I won't be playing it after about another week. But, I have played it enough that I feel comfortable writing impressions on it. As Mario would say, here we go!
Gears of War 2 Impressions
Tue Jan 06, 2009 at 04:12:03 AM EST
Sequels! That seems to be the trend in today's entertainment industry, and video games are certainly no exception. I know you all have written some well-voiced opinions on these two games, but it's 2:30 in the morning (hence the poor writing), I can't sleep, and I haven't really written anything on my favorite (albeit, only) online community in a while. Here goes...
Mon Dec 22, 2008 at 01:27:35 AM EST
Hey all, just thought I'd drop by and give a little season's greetings to everyone! I'm off of school for the next five weeks, so maybe I can get to play with some of you guys again. Oh, and sorry I didn't mention this earlier, but the reason you guys were seeing me online about a month ago was because we got Live to work in my dorm, but the firewall is strict, so I couldn't actually play with anyone online. SORRY to all those who sent me invites, I know I should have sent a message, and I am deeply apologetic to all. If you see me online now, I should be more available (although I might be with friends a lot of the time). Again, just thought I'd say a little hello, and I also wanted to congratulate you all for making this community what it is today. This site has grown since I joined a couple months before Gears 1 released, and it looks like you guys are doing really well. Keep on truckin' Gearheads! Happy Holidays!
Guitar Hero IV Setlist: Fake or Fo Real?
Fri Jul 25, 2008 at 01:40:56 AM EST
So the same guy who leaked the correct info on the GH3 setlist before it came out has come up with something interesting...
That's what he claims is the GHIV setlist. I'm calling bullshit, though. It's WAY too good to be true. It's perfect, really. There's too many A+ songs on there to name. If it's true, I'm definitely taking it over Rock Band 2, but it just can't be. Take a gander, but it'll probably just get your hopes up before we find out the real setlist. A girl can dream, though, right?
Entire Rock Band 2 Track-List
Mon Jul 14, 2008 at 05:09:55 PM EST
Alright, so they don't have any Three 6 or DMX, but this is still ballin!
- AC/DC "Let There Be Rock" 1970s
- AFI "Girl's Gone Grey" 2000's
- Alanis Morissette "You Oughta Know" 1990's
- Alice in Chains "Man in the Box" 1990's
- Allman Brothers "Ramblin' Man" 1970's
- Avenged Sevenfold "Almost Easy" 2000's
- Bad Company "Shooting Star" 1970's
- Beastie Boys "So Whatcha Want" 1990's
- Beck "E-Pro" 2000's
- Bikini Kill "Rebel Girl" 1990's
- Billy Idol "White Wedding Pt. I" 1980's
- Blondie "One Way or Another" 1970's
- Bob Dylan "Tangled Up in Blue" 1970's
- Bon Jovi "Livin' on a Prayer" 1980's
- Cheap Trick "Hello There" 1970's
- Devo "Uncontrollable Urge" 1980's
- Dinosaur Jr. "Feel the Pain" 1990's
- Disturbed "Down with the Sickness" 2000's
- Dream Theater "Panic Attack" 2000's
- Duran Duran "Hungry Like the Wolf" 1980's
- Elvis Costello "Pump It Up" 1970's
- Fleetwood Mac "Go Your Own Way" 1970's
- Foo Fighters "Everlong" 1990's
- Guns N' Roses "Shackler's Revenge" 2000's
- Interpol "PDA" 2000's
- Jane's Addiction "Mountain Song" 1980's
- Jethro Tull "Aqualung" 1970's
- Jimmy Eat World "The Middle" 2000's
- Joan Jett "Bad Reputation" 1980's
- Journey "Anyway You Want It" 1970's
- Judas Priest "Painkiller" 1990's
- Kansas "Carry On Wayward Son" 1970's
- L7 "Pretend We're Dead" 1990's
- Lacuna Coil "Our Truth" 2000's
- Linkin Park "One Step Closer" 2000's
- Lit "My Own Worst Enemy" 1990's
- Lush "De-Luxe" 1990's
- Mastodon "Colony of Birchmen" 2000's
- Megadeth "Peace Sells" 1980's
- Metallica "Battery" 1980's
- Mighty Mighty Bosstones "Where'd You Go" 1990's
- Modest Mouse "Float On" 2000's
- Motorhead "Ace of Spades" 1980's
- Nirvana "Drain You" 1990's
- Norman Greenbaum "Spirit in the Sky" 1960's
- Panic at the Disco "Nine in the Afternoon" 2000's
- Paramore "That's What You Get" 2000's
- Pearl Jam "Alive" 1990's
- Presidents of the USA "Lump" 1990's
- Rage Against the Machine "Testify" 1990's
- Ratt "Round & Round" 1980's
- Red Hot Chili Peppers "Give it Away" 1990's
- Rise Against "Give it All" 2000's
- Rush "The Trees" 1970's
- Silversun Pickups "Lazy Eye" 2000's
- Smashing Pumpkins "Today" 1990's
- Social Distortion "I Was Wrong" 1990's
- Sonic Youth "Teenage Riot" 1980's
- Soundgarden "Spoonman" 1990's
- Squeeze "Cool for Cats" 1970's
- Steely Dan "Bodhitsattva" 1970's
- Steve Miller Band "Rock'n Me" 1970's
- Survivor "Eye of the Tiger" 1980's
- System of a Down "Chop Suey" 2000's
- Talking Heads "Psycho Killer" 1970's
- Tenacious D "Master Exploder" 2000's
- Testament "Souls of Black" 1990's
- The Donnas "New Kid in School" 2000's
- The Go-Go's "We Got the Beat" 1980's
- The Grateful Dead "Alabama Getaway" 1980's
- The Guess Who "American Woman" 1970's
- The Muffs "Kids in America" 1990's
- The Offspring "Come Out & Play (Keep `em Separated)" 1990's
- The Replacements "Alex Chilton" 1980's
- The Who "Pinball Wizard" 1960's
[Artist, Bonus Song Title, Decade]
- Abnormality "Visions" 2000's
- Anarchy Club "Get Clean" 2000's
- Bang Camaro "Night Lies" 2000's
- Breaking Wheel "Shoulder to the Plow" 2000's
- The Libyans "Neighborhood" 2000's
- The Main Drag "A Jagged Gorgeous Winter" 2000's
- Speck "Conventional Lover" 2000's
- The Sterns "Supreme Girl" 2000's
- That Handsome Devil "Rob the Prez-O-Dent" 2000's
Spoonman is definitely my favorite (followed closely by Testify), what's yours?
I'm also loving Livin' on a Prayer, Anyway you Want It, and Chop Suey.
A Bit of a Scare
Fri Jun 13, 2008 at 03:58:00 AM EST
So I had my grad/b-day party the other day, and I had Rock Band set up for people who wanted to play. After a few hours of mingling with friends, parents, and people I'd never seen before, I went downstairs to discover 3 red flashing rings around my Xbox. A bit surprised, but not really that mad, I went over and turned off my Xbox. I proceeded to turn it on after a few minutes, and...it worked. It's been fine since then (Wednesday).
I've had the 3 rings once before, and I'm positive it was 3 rings this time also (not 4 or 2 or 7 or anything), so I was pretty confused by this. Has this happened to anyone else, getting the 3 rings only to be fixed by simply turning off your Xbox? (I won't be able to respond to anyone's answers, or make it to FFF, until Saturday though because I'm going camping with some friends, but I'll maybe be online Saturday night if anyone's interested).
Rock Band Drum Set Help
Sat Feb 09, 2008 at 09:53:06 PM EST
So I've got one song left to beat on Expert drums for Rock Band. It's Run to the Hills, and after miserably failing my first couple of tries, I go into practice mode. I notice that I'm missing a lot of my bass drum notes, so I try just focusing on that. Still I seem to be having difficulty with it, so I go to pick it up and do it with my hands to make sure it's alright. Well, when I picked it up, I noticed something...the pedal was completely broken off of its stand.
I've heard this happening to a lot of people, so I was just wondering if any of you guys could help me with this question: what do I have to do to replace my drums? I also have a fairly faulty red pad, so I definitely need a new kit. If anyone knows how I go about obtaining a new set, please let me know, your help is greatly appreciated.
Goldeneye for XBLA Almost Came....Almost
Sat Jan 12, 2008 at 12:41:43 PM EST
So I guess Goldeneye for XBLA was going to be a reality in a few months, but Rare cancelled it I guess because of money issues. It would have had fewer characters than the N64 version of the game, but everything else would have been the same, plus it would have had XBL multiplayer. Too bad.
My box is back!
Mon Oct 22, 2007 at 09:31:26 PM EST
So I just received my Xbox today courtesy of UPS, and I was just thinking that it was pretty done reasonably quickly/painlessly. I sent it in on (I think) September 24th (Monday), and it is now October 22nd (Monday). So it took around 4 weeks. I'm pretty happy about that. Also, customer service was really helpful and easy to talk to, so this whole experience went pretty smoothly. Unfortunately I played a lot of Half-Life on my neighbor's Xbox, so now those saved games won't transfer over. I haven't used it, and I haven't checked to see if it's the same one or a new Premium one with HDMI, but I'll tell you when I find out. Very busy this week, though, so I meant not be on for a few more days.
I give Microsoft a 10 out of 10 for their helpful and painless service. :)
Soldier of Fortune: Payback
Tue Oct 09, 2007 at 08:24:29 PM EST
Booya. Coming out on the Xbox 360, PS3, and PC, this game makes Gears of War look like Viva Pinata. I'm pretty excited about this. They just recently came out and announced the game, and it's coming out in November! They kept it well-hidden from the press. Anyone else going to be picking this one up? O, and check out the Gamevideos 'Teaser' trailer, it's awesome.